|Titre du projet||VoIP et Mobilité IPv6|
|Cadre||Projets de spécialité|
|Page principale|| Projet de spécialité VoIP et Mobilité IPv6
Explaination of the tests in "classic" IPv6 (without mobileIPv6).
- Being able to automatically reconnect when coming to a visited network; contrary to mobility, nomadism implies that all communications will be ended when we move to a network to another.
- In our case, we are interested in layer 3 nomadism, ie in automatic reconfiguration when arriving on a network.
Before trying to do IPv6 mobility, it is wise to make sure the network is well configured for "classic" IPv6:
- Make sure all the static IPv6 addresses are configured as they should be
- Make sure the main router (Damocles) has the routes to the different VLANs on his IPv6 routing table :
route -A inet6
- Run the router daemon (ravdv) on each "HA" :
radvd -C /path/to/radvd.conf
Then, launch a ping from a machine to another (preferably on another VLAN). You should also check the autoconfiguration mecanism, by moving your mobile node to another VLAN, and checking whether he catches a new IPv6 address with the prefix of its new VLAN.
If it works, you have reached the target of nomadism on layer 3. Otherwise, you should check your network configuration.