5MMSSI-2011 Hacking CTF like practical exam
Capture The Flag like - offensive security for Information Systems, practical examination
The practical examination for 5MMSSI was held at Ensimag, Grenoble, France. It was a set of practical security exercices (mainly offensive security but with a bit of defensive security), and was organized like a game (more precisely a "traditional" hacking contest Capture The Flag):
- ~3 Hours long
- 29 students
- network security
- web vulnerabilites
- buffer overflow and shellcode
Before the exam is started, students can only see a reminder of the practical exam rules:
We kindly remind you that a report is due for this exam. Put your name and your firstname inside your report (.TXT)
During the examination, on the top right is displayed the remaining time and if you're logged in, your ensimag login, and your hacker pseudo (assigned by the system): Cliquer sur "Entrez dans un monde plein de violences"
Authenticate against the identity referal of the web application:
- email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- password: your_ensimag_login
Once authenticated, you get access to your private section. From there you can browse through the exercises:
And validate them by submitting flags that shows your got it right!
Your mark will depend on:
- your report (.TXT)
- the points you scored
Your teachers can review your flag attempts.
In realtime, statistics about your scores are displayed:
- reminder: your pseudo is given by the system and the list was generated by slightly "133ting" pseudos from a french security IRC channel ;)
Watch out the clock! Because when time is over, you won't be able to validate any additional flag!
Once you are done:
- Please put your report inside the EXAM folder
- DO NOT FORGET TO SAVE YOUR USER PROFILE:
- "Sauvegarder et terminer l'examen"