4MMSR-Network Security-2012-2013-blackbox evolutionary file fuzzing
Evolutionary PDF file fuzzing in a Black-Box harnessing
fuzzing, file, blackbox, memory corruption,
Nowadays, "Smart Fuzzers" designates fuzzers which either have knowledge about the System Under Test, or because they perform "smart mutations". This small research project aims at implementing a fuzzer for PDF readers. The particularity being such a process is feedback driven.
- slides explaining
- architecture of the fuzzer
- targeted vulnerabilities
- individual representation
- fitness dimensions
- considered SUT: check filehippo.com
- experiments on at least two different PDF readers (e.g. foxitreader and acrobat reader).
- weight of fitness dimensions
- fault efficiency detection
- Evolutionary PDF reader fuzzing in a BlackBox Harnessing (2013) (DO NOT DISTRIBUTE.)
- Evolving Indigestible Codes: Fuzzing Interpreters with Genetic Programming (2013) (DO NOT DISTRIBUTE.)
- Fuzzing with Code Fragments, Christian Holler, Kim Herzig, Andreas Zeller (2012)
- Fuzzing with Radamsa and some thoughts about coverage
- create an archive on the ensimag server, so that only your team members and I have access to it.
- obviously, do not forget to send me the path afterwards