4MMSR-2012-2013-project-web sockets fuzzing
Web Socket Fuzzing
memory corruption, websocket, fuzzing
Web socket are a novelty of HTML5. As such, this is a new playground for fuzz-testing. aka fuzzing
- presentation slides (additional requirements):
- considered vulnerabilities
- SUT to test (and version)
- representation of an individual sequence
- concretization: from abstract level (representation) to concrete (web socket messages)
- test verdict
- a fuzzer for websocket implementations of browsers (implemented in python)
- browser harnessing
- simulating a websocket server
- generating instructions for the client side
- experiments for various browsers and various versions. advice: take the first versions of each browser that do support websockets
- what are the different representation options for the vulnerabilities we target?
- which test generation strategy seems to be the most efficient at finding vulnerabilities?
- Shekyan, Toukharian (QUALYS) - Hacking with Websocket, Black-Hat USA 2012
- Netusse, Casseur* de kernels depuis 2006, SSTIC 2012, short paper, Clément Lecigne
- Netusse, fuzzer de noyaux depuis 2006 / Clément Lecigne in MISC: Multisystem & Internet, Security, Cookbook, N°64 (Novembre/décembre 2012)
- rfc6455 - The WebSocket Protocol (2011)
- The WebSocket Protocol, Setphane Bortzmeyer
- create an archive on the ensimag server, so that only your team members and I have access to it.
- obviously, do not forget to send me the path afterwards